Laboratory at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem is seeking PhD students and postdoctoral fellows for an innovative project in cultured meat.
Involvement in cell culture development includes planning and execution of experiments for a PhD students / postdoctoral fellow with high knowledge in biological methods used in the field. Ability to operate laboratory equipment at various levels, experience in both mammalian cell and tissue culture.
Ph.D. in Cell biology or other relevant degree.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
– Extensive experience in cell culture and high-throughput screening methodology.
– Experience in handling animate cell cultures, tissue preparation, adherent cultures, suspension cultures, growth substrate preparation, etc with high technical skill (preference for stem cell and mammalian cells experience).
– Laboratory work experience in aseptic work, biological methods and familiarity with biological design, writing of development plans, work reports and documentation preparation.
– Ability to operate laboratory equipment at various levels and familiarity with biological & analytical methods and quantification methods such as PCR, ELISA, cell fixation, immunohistochemistry and fluorescence microscopy.
– Excellent research skills.
– Excellent human relations.
– High motivation and multitasking ability.
* The job is for both women and men